Sunday 24 February 2013

magazines

On a magazine hype...

 Over the past few months, I've been collating Empire and Total Film magazines, not only to fuel my new-found obsession but also to gain a wide and varying understanding of the different styles adopted for writing and designing film reviews. Whilst trawling through the magazines numerous times and re-reading articles, I found a number of articles/reviews/designs which I particularly liked from different aspects. The Skyfall article from the Summer 2012 issue of Total Film features text laid on the right-hand page, of the double page spread, on top of an image of Daniel Craig as James Bond and his signature Aston Martin DB5 car. I really like the way that articles look when the text is placed directly on top of a background image rather than on a plain white background/border. This was the first inspiration for my magazine. :)
The Empire review on Wreck-It-Ralph featured a rather 'kooky' section which said things which referred to video games and so I drew inspiration from this when I designe my film review 'The Oscar Chronicles: Oscar & Quin'. 
Frankenweenie and Paranorman were also featured alongside each other in comparing the makings of the films, I really like the production photos and so I decided to include photos from on set rather than images just from the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment