Friday 11 January 2013

video

Okay so I intended to post a video yesterday of me talking about updates since filming and what changed during the production process. And A LOT changed.
Firstly, I decided to take a trip to the beach to film the wedding and it was there that I chose to film more scenes than I had initially intended to. I feel that this was a great decision to make because it gave my film a great deal more depth. Although, there were actually a lot of consequences for choosing the beach which I didn't really consider or think would happen. The first was other people, being a public attraction, obviously there were tourists who I had to work hard to try and not include within my film. Secondly, sand. Never work on a sandy surface! It moves and is incredibly difficult when doing stop motion because it isn't really until afterwards that you are able to see where the imprints on the sand were left. Despite some imperfections, I am very happy with how the scenes turned out.
Because I was so happy with the location of the beach, I decided to create an additional ending scene to utilise the lovely scenery and also an ending which is fun but also posing another idea. I hadn't really thought of a solid finish an so I feel as though this was a very effective choice :)
Regarding the garden scenes, even more changed, for the better I hasten to add!
Changing of scenes:
1. Having my mum packing old toys into a box to add a human element to the short film and also depth and history behind the characters.
2. Using a GoPro Hero camera attached to my dog's head to film her carrying Oscar outside.
3. My dog dropping Oscar on to the floor near the bin.
4. Having a stop motion sequence of Oscar and the mannequin meeting.

So as you can see, I actually changed most of my film during the production process.
Editing is my favourite process so I didn't really have too many problems with this. Although I did experience a few issues and delays because the stop motion images needed resizing for they were too large and I had to set the time for which they would be shown. I also had to use Colour Correction on the scenes filmed using the GoPro Hero camera because they were quite saturated and pale. These scenes were: my dog carrying out Oscar with the camera attached to her head!!! And the opening of the bin from inside. I like these two scenes because they are not only different but also when filming other parts (which I didn't end up using), it was very helpful to learn about multi-camera filming and editing:)
I just need to sort out my music and titling. Yay.



No comments:

Post a Comment